Selling to Associations . . . By Going Through the Backdoor
Ed Rigsbee, CSP, CPAE
There are 7,500 national and international associations and societies—many of which have local, state, and regional affiliated associations/societies. Combined, they boast over 90,000 organizations who deliver over 280,000 meetings a year. How can YOU tap into this unlimited resource to grow your speaking business and make a powerful impact in this industry? Join us on November 15th to find out.
Our guest speaker Ed Rigsbee, CSP, CPAE, will teach you how to sell to trade associations and professional societies by going after their soft underbelly—publication editors. In building a relationship with any association, Ed will teach you how to first build a relationship bridge with the association’s editor by offering articles adapted from your books, keynotes, or seminars. Then, you’ll learn how to use the editor relationship to bridge the divide into the meetings department. And, you’ll also learn how to find these associations through free Internet directories and web sites. If you hate to make cold-calls, Ed’s implementation system is designed especially for YOU!
- Learn how to let association publication editors connect you with association meeting decision makers—soft sell through the back door!
- Learn how to find your (paying) association and society prospects at no charge through online directories and search methods.
- Learn which hard-copy directories are actually worth buying.
- Learn how to scan the association/society publications and meetings for usable selling knowledge.
- Learn Ed’s article distribution methods
The great thing about paid speaking at association meetings is that your audience is mostly comprised of business owners who have also have the ability to book you to speak for their company meetings and training needs. Ed will help you multiply your marketing, your network, and your opportunities!ABOUT OUR SPEAKER:
Ed Rigsbee, CSP Certified Speaking Professional, CAE Certified Association Executive, is the ROI Guy; obsessed with helping you to give and receive more return on investment (ROI) in everything that you do. He will help your organization to elevate your business relationships from ordinary to extraordinary; in service, results, and profitability.
Ed is the President of Rigsbee Enterprises, Inc., established in 1981. He is recognized internationally for his expertise in the areas of strategic alliance development and implementation and non-profit organization member recruitment and retention. He has authored the following books:
- The Art of Partnering
- Developing Strategic Alliances
- Partner Shift-How to Profit from the Partnering Trend
- Kids, Parents & Soccer
- The ROI of Membership-Today’s Missing Link for Explosive Growth
- Membership is Everybody’s Business (forthcoming)
Visit Ed’s Website and Watch Ed in Action to see why his expertise can help you boost your sales, secure more engagements, expand your marketing, and make profitable connections with associations.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Registration & Networking: Noon-12:30 pm
Lunch: 12:30-1:30 pm
Program: 1:30-3:30 pm
Optional Networking: 3:30-4 pm
Special meeting for all Academy Members will be held from 8:00 am to 12 pm.